Biancomangiare is a Sicilian dessert made with almonds and pistachios, these two ingredients are recurrent in Sicilian desserts as they are present in the area.
In particular, we use both almond milk and almond flour, which we will obtain directly by blending the almonds themselves.
It is a gluten-free and also vegan recipe, whose origins are very ancient, in fact, it dates back to the medieval period.
Quick and easy: you will prepare it in 15 minutes, then you only have to wait an hour for it to cool before being able to consume it.
You can prepare this recipe in one of our cooking classes.
- 500 ml almond milk (sweetened)
- 60 g almond flour
- 30 g sugar (if the almond milk is not sweetened, add another 10 g sugar)
- 15 g cornstarch
- 1 sachet of agar agar (check on the package the actual quantity needed for the volume of 500 ml)
- a few drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- 25 g chopped pistachios
- Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat, continuing to stir with a whisk, until
get to boil, then continue to cook for one minute.
- Pour into individual cups, leave to cool for 20 minutes and then refrigerate for at least one hour until serving.
- Remove from the cups and sprinkle the surface with chopped pistachios.
Biancomangiare can be kept in the fridge for 2/3 days.
If you need to convert the measurement units or scale this recipe, please copy the url of this recipe and visit this page